Vai al contenuto

Aviazione Navale Italiana, Help.

Oldman

Messaggi raccomandati

ehm.....how can i help you....so.....during WWII we didn't use a real "aviazione navale".....we had only some seaplane that could be launched by catapults of our ships.....italian navy was waiting for an aircraft carrier wich were called "Aquila" but it was destroyed incomplete by allies forces after 8 september......i didn't remember wich plane were modified to be launched by Aquila.......now we have some Harrier AV8B plus on board the Garibaldi.......now we're waiting for the F-35 B for the Cavour.......we have 3 types of helicopters....SH3 "SeaKing" , AB212 , EH101 and we're waiting for NH90......

PS: se ho cannato l'inglese perdonatemi...

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

ehm.....how can i help you....so.....during WWII we didn't use a real "aviazione navale".....we had only some seaplane that could be launched by catapults of our ships.....italian navy was waiting for an aircraft carrier wich were called "Aquila" but it was destroyed incomplete by allies forces after 8 september......i didn't remember wich plane were modified to be launched by Aquila.......now we have some Harrier AV8B plus on board the Garibaldi.......now we're waiting for the F-35 B for the Cavour.......we have 3 types of helicopters....SH3 "SeaKing" , AB212 , EH101 and we're waiting for NH90......

PS: se ho cannato l'inglese perdonatemi...

Thanks for the detailed answer.

I know it. I am interested only with the list of planes which were on arms of the Navy, since WWI.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

The first airplane to be used by the Italian Navy were the IMAM RO 43.

It was a seaplane that could be launched by catapults of italian’s ships.

He had a good speed (304 km/h) and a good range (1.000 km) but it wasn’t manoeuvabrle too.

It was deployed to the Italian Navy during the 2nd half of 1930-40 (the first of this airplane flew in 1934).

At the end of the war 194 units were built and delpoyed to the italian’s ships.

After the Battle of cape Matapan the Regia Marina decided to order a new plane wich could launched by the catapults but wich could took part at the actions as a fighter/dive bombe.

For this purpose was modified a land based fighter.

It was the RE2000.

It had a better speed (530 km/h) and a good range.

Unfortunately at the end of the war only 6 units were deployed to the Italian Navy , 2 onboard R.N. Roma, 1 onboard R.N. Italia (ex Littorio) and 1 onboard R.N. Vittorio Veneto.

After the war the Italian Navy didn’t had airplanes onboard her ships untill that Garibaldi were built….now she had 18 AV8B plus “Harrier II” wich are based on the aircraft carrier Garibaldi and at Grottaglie base.

Italian Navy has now a squadron of BR 1150 Atlantic for ASW (Anti-Submarine-Warfare) missions.

here some photos:

RO 43

ro43B.jpg

Ro43Idro.jpg

RE2000

re-2000.jpg

re2000_3v.jpg

AV8B plus

av8b_4.jpg

av8b_5.jpg

Atlantic

atlantic_5.jpg

atla9.jpg

Modificato da Nimitz
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

All thanks,

I have tried to make the list of planes of Navy (only Italian), since 1914. However, I am convinced, this list not full. Help to make the full list.

Ansaldo SVA.5

Breda Ba 25

Caproni Bergamaschi Ca.310 Libeccio

Caproni Ca.43

Caproni Ca.100

Caproni Ca.111

Caproni Са.5

Caproni Са.33

CRDA CANT Z.501 Gabbiano

CRDA CANT Z.506 Airone

CRDA CANT Z.511

CRDA CANT Z.1007 Alcione

Fiat (CMASA) RS.14

Fiat CR.20

Fiat CR.25

Fiat G.50 Freccia

Fiat CR.30

Macchi L.1

Macchi MC.94

Macchi MC.200

Macchi М.3

Macchi М.5

Macchi М.7

Macchi М.8

Meridionali Ro.43

Meridionali Ro.44

Piaggio P-180 Avanti

Piaggio P.108

Reggiane Re.2000 Falko I

Reggiane Re.2001 Falko II

Reggiane Re.2002 Ariete II

Savoia-Marchetti S.55

Savoia-Marchetti S.56

Savoia-Marchetti S.62

Savoia-Marchetti S.78

Savoia-Marchetti S.M.75 Marsupiale

Savoia-Marchetti S.M.79 Sparviero

Savoia-Marchetti S.M.84

SIAI S.8

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Mc-Donnell Douglas AV-8B+

For the Reggiane 2000 serie, the correct italian name is Falco and not Falko

A lot of aircrafts in the list were in service with the italian air force (Regia aeronautica first, aeronautica militare after 1946) more than with the italian navy (Regia marina first, marina militare after 1946).

Becase of a Mussolini's old law, italian navy wasn't allowed to possess an airplane (intended as fixed wing airplane with more than 1,5 ton weight) before 1989, when this law was cancelled: just think that for the 6 years before our first operative carrier (the Garibaldi, operative since 1983) couldn't use italian harriers but just helicopters.

I'm sorry but i don't know the status of our idro in the first world war.

So if u want a list of italian aircraft wit the navy (Marina) ensign on the rudder, the list is very short. If u are interested in italian airplane used also in the navy, but always operated by air force's personal with air force's ensign, things are different.

About the atlantique, they use air force's ensigns and are piloted by air force's pilots, but ASW personal is from the navy and these airplanes are controlled jointly.

ITALY NEVER HAD A FIXED WING FLEET AIR ARM FROM 1931 TO 1989.

EDIT: more info founded

Born of the italian fleet air arm, 27.06.1913: created a flying department in the italian navy HQ

First world war: at the end of the conflict, the Regia Marina (italian royal navy) holded 25 dirigibles, 550 idro and 85 fighters

IDRO

- Curtiss Flying Boat (first experimental idro, operative in 1914)

- Macchi L1 (140 built)

- Macchi M5 (270 built, also a modified variant, M5 Mod, with a 250HP engine)

- Macchi M9 (30 built)

The two mussolini's law that killed the aviazione navale were emanated in 1931 an 1937

Modificato da Rick86
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Mc-Donnell Douglas AV-8B+

For the Reggiane 2000 serie, the correct italian name is Falco and not Falko

A lot of aircrafts in the list were in service with the italian air force (Regia aeronautica first, aeronautica militare after 1946) more than with the italian navy (Regia marina first, marina militare after 1946).

Becase of a Mussolini's old law, italian navy wasn't allowed to possess an airplane (intended as fixed wing airplane with more than 1,5 ton weight) before 1989, when this law was cancelled: just think that for the 6 years before our first operative carrier (the Garibaldi, operative since 1983) couldn't use italian harriers but just helicopters.

I'm sorry but i don't know the status of our idro in the first world war.

So if u want a list of italian aircraft wit the navy (Marina) ensign on the rudder, the list is very short. If u are interested in italian airplane used also in the navy, but always operated by air force's personal with air force's ensign, things are different.

About the atlantique, they use air force's ensigns and are piloted by air force's pilots, but ASW personal is from the navy and these airplanes are controlled jointly.

ITALY NEVER HAD A FIXED WING FLEET AIR ARM FROM 1931 TO 1989.

EDIT: more info founded

Born of the italian fleet air arm, 27.06.1913: created a flying department in the italian navy HQ

First world war: at the end of the conflict, the Regia Marina (italian royal navy) holded 25 dirigibles, 550 idro and 85 fighters

IDRO

- Curtiss Flying Boat (first experimental idro, operative in 1914)

- Macchi L1 (140 built)

- Macchi M5 (270 built, also a modified variant, M5 Mod, with a 250HP engine)

- Macchi M9 (30 built)

The two mussolini's law that killed the aviazione navale were emanated in 1931 an 1937

Thanks, Rick86.

Now to me all is clear. The Regia Marina had no aircraft, as Luftwaffe.

Well. And the army air force had special squadrons which served R.Marina?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

army air force

Well, the Regia Aeronautica was an indipendent military branch, like RAF, since the 20s;

And the army air force had special squadrons which served R.Marina?

Actually i don't know, i have to check. However there was many problems in the cooperation of navy and air force during WWII: this was one of the principal weakness of Regia Marina

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 settimane dopo...

Colleagues,

I have a concrete question - when has been formed Aviazione Ausiliaria per la Marina and what Italian planes were at it on arms till the moment of its disbandment? What Italian planes were on arms of the fighting ships of Italy, since 1914? Regia Aeronautica had special squadrons which served R.Marina?

Thanks.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti