Vai al contenuto

KC-767 vs KC-30 (A330 MRTT)

Messaggi raccomandati

Non è proprio così, anzi questa ipotesi si potrebbe verificare solo se il rateo di consegna per USAF fosse estremamente elevato ma le ditte americane sono abituate ad alti ratei produttivi.

Il vero tornaconto per l'Italia sarebbe l'eventuale manutenzione dei tanker rischierati in Europa e vicini senza la necessità di ritornare in patria. Inoltre si puntava alla trasformazione di aerei per altri clienti internazionali come doveva avvenire per 3 dei 4 tanker per i giapponesi ma che alla fine Boeing per i problemi ha richiamato tutti gli aerei arrivati a Capodichino.

Clienti che, coi tempi che corrono e con AirBus che piazza ovunque il suo 330, non vedo molto probabili.

Speriamo che Super Obama, con il suo protezionismo, una volta tanto venga incontro a noi italiani, anche se da europeista mi dispiacerebbe (mi dispiace ancora di più che non abbiamo partecipato al programa europeo invece che a quello Boeing, magari ora avremmo già dei tanker).

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Clienti che, coi tempi che corrono e con AirBus che piazza ovunque il suo 330, non vedo molto probabili.
Infatti ho usato il condizionale e il passato <_<
Speriamo che Super Obama, con il suo protezionismo, una volta tanto venga incontro a noi italiani, anche se da europeista mi dispiacerebbe (mi dispiace ancora di più che non abbiamo partecipato al programa europeo invece che a quello Boeing, magari ora avremmo già dei tanker).
All'epoca la scelta Boeing era la più sensata, scometto che nessuno avrebbe scommesso un cent sulla vittoria del KC-X da parte di Northrop/EADS.

Anzi è proprio di 1-2 giorni la news che Northrop/EADS non sono contrari alla doppia assegnazione delle aerocisterne (non mi è ben chiaro se considerano KC-X e KC-Y assieme). In fondo di lavoro ce ne è in abbondanza per entrambi e preferiscono metà della torta che rischiare che o Presidente li mazzi a dovere con la sua nuova politica.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Infatti ho usato il condizionale e il passato <_<

Infatti l'avevo notato! ;)

All'epoca la scelta Boeing era la più sensata, scometto che nessuno avrebbe scommesso un cent sulla vittoria del KC-X da parte di Northrop/EADS.

Anzi è proprio di 1-2 giorni la news che Northrop/EADS non sono contrari alla doppia assegnazione delle aerocisterne (non mi è ben chiaro se considerano KC-X e KC-Y assieme). In fondo di lavoro ce ne è in abbondanza per entrambi e preferiscono metà della torta che rischiare che o Presidente li mazzi a dovere con la sua nuova politica.

In effetti a me la scelta della doppia linea sembra la più sensata, stranamente. Alla fine le macchine da costruire sono talmente tante che standardizzare così tanto sarebbe forse anche superfluo. Nel senso che counque un risparmio ci sarebbe, ma non abbastanza significativo da scatenare lotte tanto aspre. Se non mi ricordo male il KC-Y è stato pensato per sostituire la flotta di KC-10, credo che il 767 sia perfetto in questo ruolo, mentre il 330 è un degno sostituto del tanker derivato dal mitico 707.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Mah....per ora mi sa che ci dobbiamo accontentare di qualche "cartolina" da Everett! :rolleyes:

Dettaglio sonda centrale:

0861281.jpg

Taxing:

1500227.jpg

Reverse on (si nota bene il controverso pod subalare):

1470851.jpg

...ovviamente da Airliners.net!

Modificato da paperinik
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Che strana la gondola di quel pod! Comunque al 330 è andata bene che monta l'ala del 340 che ha già i punti rigidi dove troverebbero posto i motori 1 e 4.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 mese dopo...

Il programma KC-X sembra davvero non avere pace....quando sembrava possibile accontentare entrambi i contendenti nella più salomonica delle decisioni, ecco che una -importante- opposizione repubblicana si fa avanti.

Senators Oppose Splitting Tanker Purchase

More U.S. senators are lining up against a plan — mostly promoted in the House — to split the $35 billion program for the next U.S. Air Force refueling tanker between competitors Boeing and Northrop Grumman/EADS.

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the top two Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee, and Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) a staunch Boeing supporter, all said this week they opposed a dual buy.

“I think it’s a terrible idea,” says McCain (R-Ariz.), who successfully fought the Air Force’s first attempt to replace its aging tanker fleet with an uncompeted quasi-buy/lease deal with Boeing. “It will cost the taxpayers tens of billions of dollars,” he adds. Murray and Inhofe also cited the extra cost in their opposition.

“I, of course, want to see Boeing and an American company win this,” Murray says, “but I do not want to see a split buy that hurts our taxpayers and impacts the Air Force in a way that they don’t have the capability to do the training and the missions that they need, so I am opposed to a split buy.” Boeing is a major employer in her state.

Splitting the tanker buy, an idea floated around Washington since last summer, picked up steam earlier this spring when Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.), chairman of the House defense appropriations subcommittee, raised it as a way to get around the political wrangling and procedural missteps that have delayed replacement of the Eisenhower-era KC-135 tankers. Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-Hawaii), chair of the Armed Services’ air and land forces subcommittee, endorsed Murtha’s idea as a way to speed production of the replacement tanker fleet.

Company positions

Both Boeing and the Northrop Grumman/EADS team have said they could live with a split buy, although they ostensibly prefer a winner-take-all competition.

But Defense Secretary Robert Gates has adamantly opposed a split purchase, saying that it would be more expensive and burden the Air Force with two separate aircraft requiring separate training, maintenance and logistics. Similar arguments have been raised in Navy shipbuilding, where only two major primes are the last U.S. warship providers. But many of those programs, such as destroyers and Littoral Combat Ships, have come under reconsideration following programmatic problems.

“The only reason to do this is the political reason and I am concerned with getting them [the tankers] as quick as possible, as many as possible and as cheap as possible,” Inhofe said, adding: “The split buy is going to cost more.”

In the House, Murtha apparently has acquiesced over his drive to include a dual-procurement measure in the off-book war supplemental bill for the rest of fiscal 2009, but he has left open the option of including it in the FY ’10 defense authorization bill later this year.

Three other senators, including Armed Services Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.), have said they were not embracing the split-buy idea and were waiting to see the Pentagon’s final decision on the plan. Two of them, Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), sit on related authorization and appropriations committees, respectively (Aerospace DAILY, April 29).

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

“The only reason to do this is the political reason and I am concerned with getting them [the tankers] as quick as possible, as many as possible and as cheap as possible,” Inhofe said, adding: “The split buy is going to cost more.”

Direi che questa frase riassume la questione.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 settimane dopo...
Ospite intruder

USAF Could Lose Next Tanker Duel Oversight

By Amy Butler aviationweek.com

KCXBoeing.jpg

Pentagon officials have not yet decided whether an upcoming KC-X competition between Boeing and a Northrop Grumman/EADS North America team to build new aerial refueling tankers will be managed by the U.S. Air Force or the Defense Department’s acquisition chief, according to David Van Buren, acting assistant secretary of the Air Force for acquisition.

The competition was called off last year by Defense Secretary Robert Gates after threats from Boeing that it would not compete under the parameters set forth at the time. In February 2008, Northrop Grumman/EADS won a $1.5 billion contract to develop an Airbus A330-200-based tanker, but Boeing’s protest of the process turned up several missteps on the part of the Air Force in managing the duel. Northrop’s contract was dashed as a result.

The Air Force’s acquisition corps has fallen under scrutiny in part because of the tanker missteps, problems in managing the program to buy new combat-search-and-rescue helicopters and — years ago — an admission from former top procurement official Darleen Druyun that she unfairly steered contracts to Boeing prior to taking an executive position with the company.

While Air Force officials acknowledge problems in some competitions, they are defending their overall record. Out of 165,000 competitive contracts managed by USAF last year, 121 sparked protests. Two — or just 0.07 percent — were sustained, says Lt. Gen. Mark Shackelford, military deputy to the Air Force acquisition czar. “The notion that our process...is a broken process is not borne out by the statistics,” he says.

If the service is empowered to manage the competition, Shackelford says officials are taking the steps to ensure the process is consistent and fair so that if another protest is filed, the service will not be found at fault and airframes can begin being delivered.

However, the stressing conditions leading up to the last fouled attempt have not changed. Boeing is likely to propose a 767 variant; during the earlier competition, Boeing proposed a 767-200LRF, a new variant that combined doors and floors, cockpit and tail sections from other commercial models. This made Boeing’s development cost higher than Northrop and EADS’, which was able to propose the A330-200 with lower up-front cost. And the Pentagon must still grapple with how to fairly compare two dissimilar commercially derived products on a level playing field.

During the course of past attempts at the competition, both contractors threatened not to bid, effectively holding the Pentagon hostage to shift acquisition parameters to fit their proposals or dash the hope of a competition.

Efforts on Capitol Hill to push a split-buy compromise have fizzled and for the time being it appears that Defense Secretary Robert Gates’ hopes to conduct a competition will proceed. A draft request for proposals is expected as soon as this summer.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 settimane dopo...
Ospite intruder

Entrati in servizio i primi tre tanker giapponesi KC-767J

767jap-thumbnail.jpg

I tre tanker giapponesi KC-767J che recentemente hanno raggiunto la IOC (Initial Operational Capability) dopo una fase di valutazione tecnica durata un anno, sono entrati in servizio effettivo nella Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF) con base a Komaki. I primi due tanker sono stati consegnati al Giappone nel febbraio e nel marzo del 2008, mentre l’ultimo ha volato dalle strutture Boeing di Wichita a quelle della locale Itochu a marzo 2009 con un volo non stop di 12 ore. Il quarto KC-767J raggiungerà il Giappone a dicembre per poi essere consegnato alla Forza Aerea di Autodifesa nel primo trimestre del 2010.

I tanker giapponesi KC-767J sono del modello convertible freighter (rifornitore / trasporto cargo o passeggeri). Possono rifornire solo attraverso il boom telescopico di coda di quinta generazione provvisto di comandi digitali fly-by-wire e postazione RARO II (Remote Aerial Refueling Operator Station) per l’operatore addetto al rifornimento, completa di consolle, telecamere e visori tridimensionali.

Due sono finora i clienti del KC-767: l’AMI e la JASDF. I primi due KC-767A ordinati dall’Aeronautica Militare Italiana sono ancora in fase di collaudo in volo (uno dei quali verrà consegnato entro l’anno), mentre Boeing sta proseguendo i lavori sulla coppia rimanente.

http://www.difesanews.it/archives/entrati-...pponesi-kc-767j

Modificato da intruder
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Qualcuno mi sa spiegare perchè il Giappone (che se non sbaglio è stato il secondo cliente dopo l'AMI) del KC767 ha già in servizio le aerocisterne?

Perchè loro hanno ordinato la versione senza pod alari per rifornimento a sonda-imbuto, che in questo momento è la chimera di Boeing. Come già detto in precedenza è stato addirittura creato un apposito team (credo l'abbiano chiamato il "Tiger team") per risolvere i problemi di aeroelasticità che i pod comportano all'ala.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ospite intruder

Primi contatti con sonda e cestello per l’A330 MRTT

a330mrtt_f18-thumbnail.jpg

L’A330 MRTT (Multi Role Tanker Transport), il tanker destinato alla Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), ha effettuato i primi test di rifornimento “a secco” senza passaggio di carburante attraverso la combinazione tubo flessibile e cestello Cobham 905E utilizzando un EF-18A spagnolo come aereo ricevente. Dimostrata la buona stabilità del tubo di 27.4 metri di lunghezza sia durante la fase di estensione e riavvolgimento, che in quella di precontatto e contatto.

La postazione subalare 905E, evoluzione della 907E installata sui rifornitori A310 MRTT canadesi e tedeschi, può scaricare 1600 litri di carburante al minuto e viene controllata da una postazione situata nel cockpit dell’aereo.

“I prossimi test di volo vedranno un maggior numero di contatti sia con sonda e cestello sia con l’Aerial Refuelling Boom System (ARBS), con una varietà di ricevitori che comprenderanno aerei francesi, portoghesi e spagnoli di piccole e grandi dimensioni. Questa fase di test di volo ci porterà al completamento della certificazione militare, e alla qualificazione finale per il cliente”, ha detto Miguel Morell, Vice Presidente dei programmi derivati di Airbus Military .

Il rifornitore A330 MRTT è equipaggiato di ARBS (Air Refueling Boom System), due pods subalari con tubo flessibile e cestello, fly-by-wire, sistema di gestione del rifornimento con controlli remoti e visione 2D/3D, suite da guerra elettronica contro minacce antiaeree e Link 16. L’A330 MRTT si basa sul velivolo commerciale A330-200, le cui già considerevoli capacità in fatto di storaggio di carburante hanno permesso il mantenimento delle originali potenzialità di carico senza che fossero sacrificate per serbatoi ausiliari. In tal modo è possibile trasportare fino a 293 passeggeri, o 88 pallets standard NATO da 108” o 32 463L.

L’A330 MRTT è stato selezionato dall’Australia, dall’Inghilterra, dall’Arabia Saudita e dagli Emirati, oltre che dagli USA che hanno sospeso il processo di acquisizione dopo che il GAO (Government Accounting Office) ha riscontrato irregolarità nelle decisione finale nella gara che vedeva contrapposte EADS/Northrop Grumman e Boeing.

http://www.difesanews.it/archives/primi-co...-per-la330-mrtt

Modificato da intruder
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Quando caz*o pensano consegnarci i KC-767 questi della Boeing?!?!?

1534305.jpg

La foto che vedete è stata scattata a Everett a fine maggio...come noterete i pod subalari montati in precedenza sul velivolo 14-01 (come si apprezzava nelle foto da me recentemente postate) è stato nuovamente smontato. Ciò fa pensare che la messa a punto del sistema subalare sia ancora in alto mare.

La Boeing meriterebbe di perdere il bando KC-X solo per questo...e fortuna che eravamo il cliente di lancio.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

La foto che vedete è stata scattata a Everett a fine maggio...come noterete i pod subalari montati in precedenza sul velivolo 14-01 (come si apprezzava nelle foto da me recentemente postate) è stato nuovamente smontato. Ciò fa pensare che la messa a punto del sistema subalare sia ancora in alto mare.

La Boeing meriterebbe di perdere il bando KC-X solo per questo...e fortuna che eravamo il cliente di lancio.

Ma tu renditi conto... Sono ansioso di sapere a quanto ammonteranno le penali! Io voglio il 767 green omaggio! Un bel combi cargo/passeggeri non farebbe male, soprattutto di quelle dimensioni!

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

a questo punto ritirarci come hanno fatto loro con l'us101 e passare all airbus sarebbe fattibile ?

Non so come stanno messi con il contratto della buonanima di Aeronavali, ma AirBus darebbe ancora meno compensazioni industriali.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ospite intruder
Perchè allora non un paio di C17 in leasing datoci con un prezzo simbolico ? Forse più utili del 767 cargo

Sicuramente, ma scordati il prezzo simbolico e probabilmente dovrai anche fare la fila, perché il Moose è diventato un must per le aviazioni di mezzo mondo, ormai.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Ospite intruder

Tanker Teams Start Posturing for USAF Competition

Jun 19, 2009

Amy Butler/Paris aviationweek.com

Both teams vying for a massive U.S. Air Force contract to build refueling tankers appear to be taking on a more collegial tenor as they await release of the Pentagon's requirements next month, but this newfound spirit could be the calm before the storm in a third attempt for the service to select a new design.

Boeing and Northrop Grumman/EADS North America engaged in a volley of assaults about their designs during the past two years, and last year Boeing was on the offensive against the U.S. Air Force customer after it selected the Airbus A330-tanker based design. Yet, last week both said they are open to a so-called "dual buy" of KC-135 replacements. This would call for parallel development of both platforms and a guaranteed minimum order. KC-X was originally proposed to procure 179 aircraft. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, however, is adamant that he wants a single winner, primarily to avoid paying for two developments, logistics and training efforts.

The Air Force's decision to award a $1.5-billion contract to the Northrop team was found by government auditors to be flawed after Boeing protested; this prompted the Pentagon's failed attempt last year to conduct a new duel between the companies. Gates halted the procurement in September and called for a "cooling off."

While both teams clearly took great pains to present a cool exterior in their media briefings here last week, neither was willing to commit to a protest-free process. In the last round, both contractors engaged in attempting to shape the request for proposals (RFP) that would drive metrics for the competition, and both at times threatened not to bid if the RFP wasn't favorable to their design.

The challenge is for the Pentagon to craft metrics to judge the attributes of dissimilar commercial platforms modified for military use.

Jim Albaugh, president of Boeing Integrated Defense Systems, unveiled the 7A7 concept during a briefing here last week. This leaves the door open to a large 777-200ER tanker or a smaller one derived from the 767 family. The "A" stands for "advanced," according to Dave Bowman, vice president of Boeing's tanker programs. The intent, he says, was to show the Air Force that the team would be flexible based on service needs. "We are not in a position to tell our customer what they want. . . . We are not RFP shaping at all." A new twist in Boeing's team was the appearance at the media briefing of Pat Shanahan, who oversees commercial aircraft programs; during the last competition, critics said Boeing's civil and military sectors weren't in lockstep on the tanker proposal. Shanahan, who is shepherding the delayed 787, says, "While the 787 may be the biggest program we have in commercial, tanker is equally important." It hasn't been decided whether a tanker would be built on the commercial line, with minor defense-specific modifications to follow, or if the commercial sector would simply hand over green aircraft to the military side. Despite poor performance on the 767-based tanker programs for Japan and Italy, Bowman points to lessons from efficiencies in the Navy's P-8 maritime patrol aircraft, a modified 737, as a model.

The challenge for Boeing will be to select the right platform and propose a plausible development plan based on a to-be-determined platform. The Northrop team, by contrast, is left to defend the merits of the A330-based option, which sits in the middle of the size spectrum of options.

Just how much development work has been done on these options is highly proprietary. The 777-based design could be delivered in "not exactly the same time [as a 767 design], but similar," Bowman says; company officials say they have not conducted wind tunnel tests of a 777 design. Boeing was previously docked for development risk because its design was based on components of various 767 aircraft wrapped into a single, new-designation aircraft.

Meanwhile, Boeing officials are eager to deliver to Italy its first 767-based tanker, which is late. "We have disappointed a very important customer," Bowman said.

Northrop Grumman's team, by contrast, is expected to stick with its A330-based proposal. Australia is the first customer, and the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and the U.K. each have placed orders. Northrop Grumman is not the prime contractor in those deals.

Ralph Crosby, CEO of EADS North America, is rejecting a notion to conduct a "low-price, technically acceptable" (LPTA) competition; this calls for both entrants to qualify for threshold requirements and then engage in a price shoot-out. The larger A330 would be at a disadvantage. This LPTA model was proposed by outgoing Pentagon acquisition czar John Young last year; it is unclear whether the strategy has gained traction with his replacement, Ashton Carter.

"That works for pencils and tablets [but] it is a flawed concept" for a military system, Crosby said during a June 13 briefing here.

"The issue is what credit does one get for capability above the threshold?" he said. It would "be both injurious to the defense acquisition process and a damn bad thing for the . . . armed services." Boeing officials support an LPTA competition, which could favor a smaller platform.

"We don't know what it means," says Paul Meyer, Northrop's vice president for mobility system, noting price could refer simply to development pricing, procurement, life cycle or some combination.

He says 90-100 aircraft are needed in a dual-buy scenario to justify construction of an Airbus final assembly facility in Mobile, Ala., for the A330 platforms and a nearby Northrop Grumman plant to add the mission systems. The Airbus facility could also produce A330-200Fs and, at some point, assemble A350XWBs.

EADS is continuing testing on the first A330-200-based tanker for Australia, and Northrop Grumman is also testing components of the design it previously proposed to USAF in a ground-based systems integration laboratory.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 mesi dopo...

1534305.jpg

a proposito, a che punto siamo? li consegnano almeno i primi due per quest'anno?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 7 mesi dopo...

Pare che il 27 febbraio 2010 sia giunto a Pratica di Mare uno dei KC767 quello con numerazione N764TT. Tuttavia è ancora nelle mani dell'equipaggio della Boeing che sta conducendo test assieme all'AMI.

Discussione trovata su Aviazione civile.it dove campeggiano pure un paio di foto...

Aviazione Civile

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 1 mese dopo...